What are The Risks of Home Buying Without an Agent
A lot of the time first time home buyers are wary of real estate agents. They do not realize that when purchasing a home you as the buyer pay the agent nothing! The seller of the property actually pays the buying agent. The buying agent is there with you the entire way and can help you when it comes to negotiations, advice for buying, inspections, etc.
Without an agent you as the buyer run into some risks when buying. So why even take the chance? Having a knowledgeable agent by your side representing you is the only safe route when purchasing one of the biggest investments of your life! Below are just a few of the risks you chance when going at it alone.
· Without an agent, you'll have to do your own negotiation. Negotiating an offer is very different than, say, buying a car, because the risks in buying a home far exceeds price considerations.
· Without an agent, you won't have a neighborhood specialist to rely on. Agents who sell in certain areas know facts about that neighborhood, which could be important to you and a seller might not disclose.
· Without an agent, you might not receive all of the seller disclosures that you are entitled by law to receive. Sellers might not purposely withhold a disclosure, but you probably won't know what to ask for.
· Without an agent, you might pay more for closing costs than is customary in your neck of the woods. Sellers might make you pay for everything, and you wouldn't know the difference.
· Without an agent, you'll be left to decipher piles of paperwork filled with jargon. An agent can explain the difference between a disclosure and an agreement, and help you to understand what you sign.
· Without an agent, you'll find your own mortgage. You won't know if your lender has a reputation for closing on time or whether you're getting the best rate and terms. It will be a shot in the dark.
· Without an agent, you'll be on your own to determine the types of inspections you should perform. Most buyers don't know how to spot potential problems such as dry rot or wet basements, or know how to determine if a sewer inspection is necessary.
If you are looking to purchase a home, don’t take the chance of taking risks, Call Me TODAY! I can help you on your journey.
Marilyn Wier ABR, CIPS, CLHMS, CRS, GRI, SRES
RE/MAX Space Center 1150 Clear Lake City Blvd., Suite 100
Mobile: 713-542-8451 Tel: 281-204-1015 Fax: 281-488-2264
"Serving Southeast Houston & Galveston County" "Selling Locally Marketing Globally"